Pradhan Mantri MUDRA (Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency) Yojana
The Yojana will be implemented in two phases:-
Phase-I from 15th August 2014:
· Universal access to banking facilities for all households across the country through a bank branch or a fixed point Business Correspondent (BC) called Bank Mitra within a reasonable distance except areas with infrastructure & connectivity constraints.
· To cover all households with atleast one Basic Banking Account with RuPay Debit card having inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs.1 lakh. Further an overdraft facility upto Rs.5000 will also be permitted to Adhaar enabled accounts after satisfactory operation in the account for 6 months.
· Financial literacy programme which aims to take financial literacy upto village level.
· The Mission also envisages expansion of Direct Benefit Transfer under various Government Schemes through bank accounts of the beneficiaries of.
· The issuance of Kisan Credit Card (KCC) as RuPay Kisan Card is also proposed to be covered under the plan.
· Providing micro –insurance to the people.
· Unorganised sector Pension schemes like Swavalamban through the Business Correspondents.
‘Swavalamban Yojana’ is the new pension scheme launched by the government